MARCH 16 @ 10:00 AM with 45 students
FESTINEMA JUNIOR MARCH 5-APRIL 5, 2018, IS AN ANNUAL NATIONAL FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL AND EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH PROGRAM FOR THE YOUTH. AN OPPORTUNITY TO INSPIRE LEARNING AND UNDERSTANDING OF INTERNATIONAL CULTURES THROUGH CINEMA.
The Alliance Française network of French-speaking cultural centers presents the 5th annual Festinema Junior, a national French film festival and educational outreach program for children and adolescents, part of Kids Trail, a program initiated by the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the U.S and FACE Foundation.
This unique opportunity offers students of all ages and socioeconomic status to expand their international horizons through cinema and culture. The Festinema Junior program has four goals across the United States:
- Introduce young audiences to world cinema and international cultures.
- Integrate film as a teaching tool in the classroom.
- Offer children of all backgrounds, status and origins an opportunity to see a foreign language film in a theater.
- Teach young people to think critically in their film analysis.
All the screenings scheduled are entirely FREE for the participating schools and the Alliance Française network provides them with FREE educational portfolios for each film, which include pre-screening and post-screening activities.
- Les 4 Saisons de Leon (4 to 6 years old)
- Le Roi et l’Oiseau (7 to 12 years old)
- Polina, Danser sa Vie (13 to 15 years old)
- Swagger (16 to 18 years old)
Organized by the Alliance Française de Denver in partnership with the Denver Film Society, the US network of Alliance Française, the French cultural Services of the Embassy in USA, Face Foundation and TV5 Monde.
Check out the Festinema Junior website HERE.
You can also access ALL the educational portfolios created for Festinema Junior since 2014, HERE, thanks to CinéSchool, a new educational program for kids focused on French cinema and animation.
For more information about Festinema Junior 2018, please contact Martin Lafitte, AFD’s Executive Director : email@example.com